New Vitae Wellness and Recovery was honored to celebrate Veteran’s Day and commemorate our resident and staff Veterans!
- New Vitae’s 31 resident Veterans and staff Veterans received gift bags with assorted items, including gift cards!
- Veterans living at Quakertown House and Mount Trexler Manor, New Vitae’s personal care home residences, and Pathways, New Vitae’s apartment program, all enjoyed a pizza party.
- Several Veterans participated in festivities at the Hope Center in Bethlehem, offering the opportunity to connect with other local Veterans. Veterans enjoyed sharing a meal and each received a hand-written card of appreciation.
- Each site enjoyed decorating for the holiday, including educational and commemorative signs, bulletin boards, and yard planters.
- All of New Vitae’s sites participated in the Operation Gratitude effort to collect and donate around 20 pounds of candy, which will be separated and sent to Veterans and active military members.
At the heart of New Vitae’s variety of supports is service to Veterans. New Vitae offers support to Veterans and empowers them to get the help they need. Our service to Veterans stretches back to the start of our company, when our founder, Anne Mills, MSW, worked for the Veterans Administration to provide respite care to those who served in our armed forces. This initial support for Veterans blossomed into New Vitae’s current service array, combining both residential and clinical services. We are honored to assist Veterans and their families!