Finding a residential behavioral health or outpatient behavioral health provider that meets the needs of an individual service participant can be a daunting task. New Vitae Wellness and Recovery wants to work with all referring providers in order to make the transition a smooth process for the individual seeking a new home and/or new behavioral health services as well as other community organizations. Our basic admission criteria are listed below in order to determine whether the individual you are referring would be a candidate for admission.
All persons successfully referred to New Vitae Wellness and Recovery:
- Must have reached the age of 18 by the date services are initiated
- Must have a primary behavioral health diagnosis; an individual may also have difficulties with substance use, poly-trauma, traumatic brain injury, or additional behavioral health or medical diagnoses
Individuals who will require additional screening to be considered for admission include:
- Persons currently in imminent danger to self or others
- Individuals requiring medically managed detoxification services or residential services solely designed for substance use
- People who currently require opioid maintenance treatment
- Individuals with a history of fire setting or sexual offences
- Persons who have been diagnosed with an IQ below 70 and are seeking discreet trial training or precise control of a treatment environment
- People who require medical hospitalization to receive around the clock care for physical health concerns
New Vitae Wellness and Recovery emphasizes holistic, person-centered, and strength-based care. Staff members are available to assist with achieving physical, spiritual, financial, vocational, and behavioral health goals. Additionally, New Vitae’s services are trauma-informed to promote personal safety and to support participants who are working through trauma. New Vitae has been successful in supporting individuals who have encountered challenges in other residential and clinical settings, and we are able to respond quickly to facilitate transfers to our residences. Our services are specialized for individuals and their families, Veterans, and young adults between the ages of 18 and 25. Furthermore, our services can be tailored to the needs and preferences of those we serve. Service funding through a combination of social security benefits, private insurances, medical assistance, Medicare, and private pay options is accommodated, and additional funding sources are routinely explored.
The referral process can begin by contacting our Admissions department. After collecting basic demographic information and a clinical history, staff can begin to work with the individual being referred to develop an individualized set of services. We highly recommend that referring staff members assist the individual in scheduling a tour and interview prior to initiating services so that they may evaluate our array of services and supports.
“It is heartbreaking for us to have our son leave the family, but we cannot provide for his safety at home. We have complete trust in New Vitae Mount Trexler Manor. Since he has been at New Vitae Mount Trexler Manor we have seen improvement in him."- Patricia H. (parent)