Accreditations & Licenses
Our accreditation, licensures, and professional affiliations support our goal of providing services with integrity. These oversight agencies and partnerships assist us with maintaining a high level of quality and safety in our services as well as support for professional development. These efforts assist with our quality management and risk management reduction practices and provide practical tools to strengthen excellence in performance.
The New Vitae Wellness and Recovery Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent organization that utilizes standards of care to ensure safe, high-quality medical and behavioral health care. Accreditation by the Joint Commission is a voluntary process that signifies our continuing commitment to providing excellent behavioral health services. Our recovery center is also licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services to provide Outpatient services, including Partial Hospital supports.
Our Personal Care Home Sites – Mount Trexler Manor and Quakertown House – are both licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. Both Mount Trexler Manor and Quakertown House have maintained their licensure for years as a result of the professionalism and hard work of each site’s dedicated staff.
We are also honored to be affiliated with the following professional behavioral health, residential, and professional groups:
- ARTA (the American Residential Treatment Association): ARTA assists individuals and families with finding exceptional residential treatment for those who are encountering the challenges associated with behavioral health diagnoses. New Vitae utilizes ARTA contacts to discuss and plan for challenges in the field of residential and clinical services, for educational support, and to connect and share with other providers.
- Bucks County Contract Charter: The New Vitae Wellness and Recovery Center staff members are available to assist in emergency situations in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
- Upper Bucks and Lehigh Valley Chambers of Commerce: New Vitae proudly supports local businesses.
- Lehigh Valley Military Affairs Council (LVMAC): New Vitae is a member of the Lehigh Valley Military Affairs Council in order to improve the lives of local military service members. LVMAC works to connect Veterans with local businesses and supports with a mission to provide services to Veterans and their families.
- National, State, and local chapters of NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness): NAMI serves as a powerful advocate for those with a behavioral health diagnosis and works to end social stigma related to experiencing mental health challenges. Members of the New Vitae staff serve on the Lehigh Valley NAMI Board of Directors.
- Member of the National Council for Behavioral Health, an organization that encourages additional training and support for employees who support individuals with behavioral health challenges
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): New Vitae’s staff includes several members of NASW, which provides training, advocacy, and resources to support the ethical practice of social work.
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association (PRA): The PRA provides resources, training, and advocacy for individuals who participate in psychiatric rehabilitation services. There is a strong focus on growing the workforce that serves individuals who are working on achieving their recovery goals.
- Pennsylvania Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (PAPRS): PAPRS works to promote the sharing of resources to support excellence in provision of psychiatric rehabilitation services.
- The Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers’ Association (PMHCA): assists with developing advocates for individuals with behavioral health challenges in order to ensure quality care through training and community support programs. We are proud to stand with the PMHCA in their efforts to end behavioral health stigma in the local community.
- Rehabilitation and Community Providers Association (RCPA): provides a forum for leaders in the field of behavioral health and residential services to share information, including sample policies, and acquire continuing training and support.
- Veteran Affairs Liaison Officer (VALO program): Staff members participate in VALO teams to promote the health and wellbeing of our Veteran population.
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA): Our psychiatric nursing staff maintains membership with APNA, which provides continuing education and resources for members.
"I love New Vitae. My team has been really supportive as I learned to manage my life and be successful in college and employment. I'm getting ready to move on from the program into my own apartment, and feel that New Vitae has helped me be ready for this next step."- Michelle P. (former resident)